Hurt.

There was a shooting (again) in the neighborhood that I work in.
Shootings aren't foreign for this little neighborhood, but whenever they happen, I feel them with my entire soul.
You see, children in this neighborhood SEE this stuff daily.
This is the lifestyle that they see as normal.

Violence is just second nature.
There are battles being fought in these streets every day.
Sometimes they are fought with hands,
other times, with weapons.
I am hurting for this neighborhood.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33)

I serve a God who has overcome all of this.
He has a plan for this neighborhood
& I trust Him in my hurting.

Please join me in praying for peace.

xo, Lynn Raye

No comments :

Post a Comment